Request A Free Quote

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Global Sea Angling Industry Analysis

The current “fishing boom” is on the rise year by year, and the sales of fishing gear and boats are constantly pushing the global fishing economy to the top. Almost 80% of the fishing gear that must be used in this sport is made in China. Speaking of outdoor sports, everyone may think of camping, mountain climbing, surfing, skiing, etc., However, another activity that has maintained high popularity overseas is fishing.

Global Sea Angling Industry Analysis-Shenzhen Sikes Technology Co. LTD

The European and American markets are mature, with the audience population accounting for more than 10%

In mature markets like Europe and America, fishing enthusiasts account for over 10% of the total population. Rough estimates suggest that around 10% to 20% of the population in the United States and some European countries enjoy fishing. Additionally, mature fishing cultures and industries can be observed in Japan and Taiwan through annual fishing competitions and participation rates.

The United States is a country surrounded by sea all sides. Most people mainly fish in the sea, and few people use Taiwan fishing method. And they also like to equip their boats with a lot of instruments and equipment to track and lock on fish in the sea when fishing; with the rise of the “fishing craze” in England and Wales, more and more people are beginning to pick up fishing rods. Go fishing by the water, get close to nature and relax. According to data from the British Environment Agency, more than 750,000 people in England and Wales currently hold fishing licenses, and it is expected that this number will increase to 1 million by 2025; fishery in Germany has a long history and is an important part of the country’s culture and tradition. In the early days, fishing was the means of survival for Germans, and the fishery market played an important role in the country’s economic and social structure. Today, there are more than 1.2 million registered anglers in Germany, making it one of the most popular outdoor activities in the country; Finland, known as the “Fishing Country”, has a history of fishing in this country with a population of only 14 million. Most of them are experienced people. And in the Netherlands, there is a saying that “nine out of ten men go fishing”. During holidays, many men in the Netherlands will bring their fishing gear and fishing licenses, drive their private cars and go straight to the lake or pond to enjoy fishing.

Global Sea Angling Industry Analysis-Shenzhen Sikes Technology Co. LTD

It can be seen that the demand for fishing equipment in leisure life in European and American countries is very mature and considerable.

Nearly 80% of the world’s fishing gear comes from “Made in China”

As the “fishing tide” rises year by year, sales of fishing gear and boats have pushed the global fishing economy to its peak. In fact, nearly 80% of the fishing gear that must be used in this sport is made in China.

The demand for fishing rods ranks first According to a report released by the American Recreational Fishing Association, fishing enthusiasts across the United States spend approximately US$7.7 billion on fishing equipment every year, among which there are three categories of products with the greatest demand, namely:

l Fishing rods, reels or related accessories: US$2.5 billion/year

l Lures, flies or other similar baits: US$1.1 billion/year

l Monitors, fish finders or related electronic products: US$1.1 billion/year

Among them, the easy-to-understand introduction of Luya is “bionic bait”, which is a method of attracting big fish to attack and bite the hook by imitating weak creatures. Nowadays, the swimming styles of lures on the market are very similar to those of real fish. Different from traditional Taiwan fishing, lure fishing is more interesting and has become a relatively popular fishing method among anglers in recent years.

Global Sea Angling Industry Analysis-Shenzhen Sikes Technology Co. LTD

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *